Vista’s Favorite Flicks

To celebrate the Hollywood theme on Tacky Tourist Tuesday, students and staff shared their favorite movies:

fullsizerender-9

“My favorite movie’s gotta be ‘Warcraft’,” Jonah Penney, 12 said. “I enjoy the CGI that they use in it and it holds weight for me because I play ‘World of Warcraft’.”

fullsizerender-8

“I like ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’,” Bri Cook, 12 said. “It’s just a classic childhood movie that I’ve always enjoyed.”

fullsizerender-7
“I really love Disney movies and music, so I’m gonna have to go with ‘Frozen’,” Nathan Wilson, 12 said. “It has the most annoying songs in the world and I love to make people angry by singing them.”

fullsizerender-6

“‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’,” Riley Barry, 12 said. “I know people didn’t like it so much, but for me, it was super epic!”

fullsizerender-10

“I love hockey, so I’m gonna say ‘Miracle’,” Nate Ferguson, 12 said. “I love how inspirational it is and I think it’s a really good story too.”

fullsizerender-1

“‘A Knight’s Tale’,” Graham Carroll, 12 said. “It’s got a great storyline and it’s the perfect mix between comedy and action.”

fullsizerender-2

“I really like ‘Drive’ with Ryan Gosling,” Ryne Wille, 12 said, “The cinematography and the way the movie looks is really cool and I like the soundtrack too.”

fullsizerender-3

“‘Unbroken’ has gotta be my favorite,” Josh Bryant, 12 said. “It’s just a really inspirational story.”

“I love ‘The Martian’,” Jacob Hansen, 12 said. “It’s funny, the story’s good and it’s pretty faithful to the book.”

“I love all of the ‘Jason Bourne’ movies,” Kaitlyn Benton, 12 said. “I’m a big fan of action movies and the ‘Bourne’ series is super intense and interesting to follow.”

fullsizerender-4

“I’m gonna have to say ‘The Shawshank Redemption’,” Librarian, Julie Jacobs said. “It perfectly captures the human spirit and power of perseverance. There’s loss in it, but there’s also joy in the end. Also, it’s written by Stephen King, which I don’t think a lot of people know.”

“‘Airbud’ has always been a favorite of mine,” Kyla Dezell, 12 said. “I love dogs and sports and they both go perfectly together in this movie.”

fullsizerender-5

“This is kind of embarrassing, but my favorite movie is ‘Something’s Gotta Give’,” English teacher, Kelly Paulson said. “I’ve probably watched that movie ten times. It’s not a very profound movie, but it’s hilarious and I love Jack Nicholson. I also really like the setting of the movie; they’re in this East Coast beach house.”

“Today, it’s ‘The Shawshank Redemption’. If you ask me tomorrow, it could be ‘The Usual Suspects’ or ‘Good Will Hunting’,” Literature of Film and English teacher Jake Sabot said. “‘Shawshank’ is just one of those perfectly written and acted scripts. The cinematography is also great and everyone they chose to star in it is fantastic.”

“I’m gonna go with the cheesy choice and say ‘The Lord of the Rings’ Trilogy,” Special Education parra, Liz Cochs said. “I love the story, it has great actors and it’s just epic.”

Stay tuned for all of the exciting themes going on during Homecoming Week at Mountain Vista. Tomorrow is a black out.