Wish Week Day 4: Thursday

Superheroes and Wish Week activities galore. Students began the day with the Wish Walk.  After paying a $5 entrance fee, students indulged in breakfast foods in the back parking lot and proceeded to walk a short route alongside the upper field. Each grade attended the event at different times: freshman at 7:30 a.m., sophomores at 8:00 a.m., juniors at 8:30 a.m. and seniors at 9:00 a.m. 

The superhero dress up day called for a surplus of capes, masks and superhero T-shirts in the school hallways. These perfectly matched the Lower 500s decorations and other adornments throughout the building. 

The Wish Week festivities carried into Nektar, Panera and Freddy’s at different times of the day. All that the students needed to do was to mention Wish Week when they ordered. Senior Caitlin Raymond purchased a dragon fruit bowl which she described as “yummy.” 

“I’m glad the proceeds [from Nekter] go towards Wish Week,” Raymond said. “I’m really excited to see what happens tomorrow and to meet Rynn.”

The choir program kicked off their four-day Gold Dust concert at 7:00 p.m. in the school auditorium. The concert lasted two and a half hours and consisted of solos, group performances and a slideshow of childhood pictures for the seniors. 

Elsewhere the girls varsity soccer team won their match 2-1 against Legend High School at Shea Stadium at 7:30 p.m. 

“Winning the Wish Week game was a really great feeling,” Emily Wilson said. “It was really fun to see everyone out in the stands and have them cheering us on.”