Meet the Mountain Vista Therapy Dogs

IMG_8323Meet Cannon, one of three therapy dogs at Mountain Vista. Cannon is a two-year-old chocolate labradoodle that is often described as the less obedient of the three, but is the most cuddling.. “Therapy dogs reduce stress and having something to cuddle with helps as well,” said Grace Foster, 12.

The dogs have been at Vista since last spring, but are currently unavailable to be accessed by students; but will hopefully be available to access within the coming two weeks. In order to visit Cannon, Reiley, and Bella the student’s parents must fill out a waiver that is followed by a signed pass from the student’s teacher. The dogs will be available for visitation during most block periods; with fifth and sixth hour being the exceptions. If you are a junior or senior that is interested in becoming a handler, please contact Ms. Wheeler for more information and an application.

In the meantime, students can contribute to the therapy dogs, by visiting their fundraising website here. The student handlers for the dogs will also be selling Krispy Kreme donuts during SOAR each week to fundraise for the insurance needed to keep the dogs available to students.

For more information, please contact Ms. Wheeler at [email protected], or Ms. Schofield at [email protected], or visit the Mountain Vista Therapy Dog website here.