Cross Country Wins Regionals

HAYLEY MUSTIN//CHRISTIAN HOLTONIMG_7324

Vista Nation had an impressive showing at the regional cross country meet on Friday, Oct. 23, winning both the boys’ and girls’ races.

The boys’ team displayed a dominant performance by having the top six finishers. They had a final score of 18 and beat the second place team by 74 points. Senior Paxton Smith won the boys race with a time of 15:44.00. “Regionals was definitely the best we’ve looked this year and going 1-6 in the regional gave us a ton of confidence going into state this weekend. We’re going against some really good teams this weekend but if we can race just as well as we did on Friday, I think a 4th state title is a very real possibility,” senior Ryan Currie said.

The girl’s team also had a notable performance at the meet. They had five runners finish in the top 15 and finished with an overall score of 38, beating the next best team by 52 points. The girls team was led by freshman Caroline Eck who finished second overall with a time of 18:19.00. “I feel really great about the team’s performance. It’s amazing to be part of this team. I feel really confident going into state considering how everyone on the team is running their absolute best,” Eck said.
Coach Dalby was impressed with his team’s performance, “It’s without a doubt the best that both teams have run this year,” said Dalby. “It may be the best they have ever run.”