ARCHIVE: Live Blog: Mountain Vista Varsity Football vs. Rangeview

The Mountain Vista (MV) Golden Eagles (1-0) take on the Rangeview (RV) Raiders (0-1) tonight in the first home game of the season.

Check back here for frequent live updates and photos of the game.

MV wins 49-34, improving to 2-0 on the year.

Rushing touchdown by RV Jaelin Odegard, MV leads 49-34. 16.2 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.

Pass Interference by junior Michael Brennan 15 yard penalty.

Kellen Parker lined up before the snap. Photo by Addisyn Hartman.

28-yard touchdown reception by John Krysa, MV leads 49-28.

MV leads right before the two minute warning 42-28.

Albretchsen 85, receives the pass from Erickson. Photo by Lauren Irwin

Erickson threads the needle for a first down to John Krysa. 5:27 remaining in the fourth.

50 yard rush by Jaelin Odegard, moments after a 12 yard touchdown rush by A.J. Thomas. MV leads 42-28.

20 yard reception by Kellen Parker 86, right after 43 yard touchdown reception by Albrechtsen 85. MV leads 42-21, 8:12 remaining in the fourth.

Holding call on RV, penalty declined, first and 10 MV. Ball on the MV 33 yard line.

40 yard reception by RV, ball on the MV 35.

Three and out by MV at the start of the fourth quarter, punt by Jake Frane.

After a RV touchdown at the end of the third quarter, MV leads 35-21.

Michael Rizzo 14, rushes for a first down. Photo by Tyler Merchant.

RV throws another incompletion, turn over on downs Vista ball on 43.

John Krysa catches a 29 yard touchdown pass 35-14, MV leads.

Tristen Dean receives a pass and makes it to RangeView’s 30 yard line.

Kellen Parker carries the ball to the 45 yard line.

MV turns the ball over after failing to complete a first down. RV has the ball on their 28-yard line.

Rushall conducts the band in the stands.

RV’s wide receiver, junior Dari Usman is down with an injury and is led off the field, wincing and limping.

RV fumbles and turns the ball over to MV on their 39-yard line.

Erickson finds Parker for another MV touchdown. After the extra point by Folz, the score is 28-7 with MV still in the lead and 10:03 remaining.

RV punts to MV on fourth down. MV takes the ball on RV’s 45.

MV kicks off to RV to start the second half. RV takes the ball on their 21-yard line.

MV and RV take the field to warm up before the start of the second half.

Senior Jacob Reese carries the flag and leads MV onto the field two minutes before the start of the second half.
Seven time state champions, MV poms performs during halftime.

MV cheer leads the student body in cheers in between the first and second quarters.

At the end of the first half, MV remains in the lead 21-7.

MV sacks RV quarterback on fourth down, forcing a turnover.

RV takes a timeout to stop the clock at 44 seconds. the score is still 21-7, MV.

MV can’t quite make it to another first down and hands the ball off to RV. 3:20 remains before halftime.

RV kicks off to MV for the first time tonight. The kick is returned by senior Kellen Parker to RV’s 40-yard line.

RV scores their first points of the night. The score is now 21-7 with MV up. 5:22 remains in the second quarter.

MV calls timeout with 6:06 remaining in the second quarter.

RV punts to MV on fourth down, giving the ball to MV on their 16-yard line.

After RV turns the ball over, Dean runs the ball in for another touchdown. The score is 21-0 after another successful extra point from Folz. 8:45 remain in the second quarter.

Erickson kneels while watching MV's defense hold back RV's offense.
Erickson kneels while watching MV’s defense hold back RV’s offense. Photo by Staci Prevato

Hammer fumbles upon being tackled and RV recovers the ball.

45 seconds into the second quarter, senior Zach Hammer intercepts an RV pass and runs it back to MV’s 11-yard line.

The score remains 14-0, MV, at the end of the first quarter.

Senior Michael Rizzo runs the ball in for another MV touchdown. Folz completes the extra point to bring the score to 14-0. 19.7 seconds remain in the first quarter.

MV returns a punt from RV and will begin their offensive drive at RV’s 35-yard line.

MV isn't able to recover from the 15-yard penalty and punts to RV.
MV isn’t able to recover from the 15-yard penalty and punts to RV. Photo by Tyler Merchant

Junior Colton Whiteside takes off down the field, but the play is called back due to an illegal block from MV.

After a hard offensive drive, RV can’t complete a fourth down pass and hands the ball to MV.

Dean hands the ball of to the referee after scoring the first home touchdown of the season.
Dean hands the ball of to the referee after scoring the first home touchdown of the season. Photo by Staci Prevato
Dean runs the ball for a touchdown.
Dean runs the ball for a touchdown. Photo by Ian Ferguson

Dean runs the ball in for a touchdown and senior Mason Folz completes the extra point. The score is 7-0.

After some quick running and passing plays, the Golden Eagles bring the ball to the 7 yard line, nine minutes remain in the first quarter.

Rangeview kicks of to Vista to start the game. Senior Tristen Dean returns the ball to the 35 yard line.

Team managers senior Shelby Kelley and prepare for the game to start. "I love football so why not spend an entire fall season with a sport that I love?" Kelley said. This is her third year managing the football team.
Team managers senior Shelby Kelley and prepare for the game to start. “I love football so why not spend an entire fall season with a sport that I love?” Kelley said. This is her third year managing the football team. Photo by Morgan MacLean.

Seniors Cyndie Cordova, Andrea Wirtz and Abby McCreedy prepare for the game to start.
Seniors Cyndie Cordova, Andrea Wirtz and Abby McCreedy prepare for the game to start. Photo by Moran MacLean.

The Golden Eagles warm up for their match with Rangeview. 16 minutes remain before kickoff.

Senior girls line the front of the student section. "Excitement, that's all I'm feeling, excitement," senior Alexis Hooten said. It is a Mountain Vista tradition for the senior girls to stand at the front of the student section.
Senior girls line the front of the student section. “Excitement, that’s all I’m feeling, excitement,” senior Alexis Hooten said. It is a Mountain Vista tradition for the senior girls to stand at the front of the student section. Photo by Staci Prevato.

Sophomore Ryan Le and Junior Jacob Riffle sign an autograph for a young fan before warming up for the game.
Sophomore Ryan Le and Junior Jacob Riffle sign an autograph for a young fan before warming up for the game. Photo by Staci Prevato

Senior Gannon Rushall leads the marching band in warm ups. Fifty minutes remain before the game.
Senior Gannon Rushall leads the marching band in warm ups. Fifty minutes remain before the game. Photo by Shayan Zarrin