LA: Dance World

Los Angeles is known for fame and the place where dreams come true. In the hustle and bustle of the city, there are studios and casting directors on every corner.

Specifically for dancers, LA is a great place to debut and be discovered. Whether it is for a commercial, movie, or to be a backup dancer, there are job opportunities every day. Different magazines and newspapers are dedicated to write-ups about auditions and casting information.

Over the four-day weekend, I went to LA to take a variety of dance classes at some of the well-known dance studios, including, Millennium and Edge.

What sets these studios apart is their environment. The set-up is to drop into a class anytime during the day. The class structures vary by teacher, but either way, they are designed to be relaxing and motivating.

Dancing in LA, I felt like I had made it to the big leagues. Everyone was there to dance. There were no limits or boundaries to test how far I could push myself. The work ethic is insane in LA. Dancers gave it their all for a couple hours and didn’t show any signs of fatigue.

LA taught me to live fearlessly and to go for everything I do with an open-mind. The biggest lesson I learned in LA was that when you refuse to try something, you end up being stuck wondering what would’ve happened if you tried it. It was a learning experience, (the classes were not easy by all means,) and I am so grateful that I got to go on the trip.