Senior Checklist

AMANDA ELLINGSON

Seniors! You only have seven days of school left, and fifteen until you graduate. Before then, though, you have some things to get done:

1. Print out your Senior Check-Out form from Infinite Campus. This will have a checklist on it; you need to complete everything it says by May 16.
  2. Pick up your yearbook. You can get your yearbook at the distribution party on May 8, 4:30-7:30 p.m. in the commons. For $5 admission, you get, in addition to your yearbook, a signing booklet, a marker pen, two coupons to Dickey’s Barbecue Pit and BTO Yogurt, snacks and drinks. Alternately, you can wait until Taste of Mountain Vista on May 9 during lunch, where you can buy signing books and marker pens, $3 for each or $5 for both. Remember to bring a picture ID to pick up your yearbook.
  3. Ace your AP exams, if you have any. If you’re in AP chemistry, environmental science, psychology, Spanish, or art history, you’ve already taken your exam, but for everyone else, keep studying! Make sure to read Alia Reza’s article for tips on passing AP exams.
  4. See The Great Gatsby on May 10! Okay, maybe that’s just me.
  5. Ace your finals. Seriously. You can have senioritis after you graduate. Now is not the time to start failing classes. Be wary of deadlines; many classes will have your final due before the actual final day–which are May 15-16, so watch out for that.
  6. Get your community service in if you haven’t already; there are still about 20 seniors who need to do this. Remember you need at least 20 hours. This was due two and a half weeks ago. If you need help or ideas on where to volunteer, go to the counseling office.
  7. Senior prank. Seriously. Get on it, guys. Remember that pranks cannot be dangerous, destructive, disruptive to classes, or messy.
  8. Go to the Senior Sunset on May 17 at 8:00 p.m. Join your class up on the turf to celebrate memories, sign yearbooks, listen to music, and eat s’mores. Get there an hour early to support Ensemble!
  9. Graduate on May 22! Woo hoo, you’re done!