11 Mountain Vista TSA Teams Place At State Competition

The Mountain Vista Technology Student Association (TSA) did extremely well at their state competition last weekend. 11 groups were awarded for the top three places in their categories and four of them qualified to continue onto the national competition in Florida.

“What a great year!” says Kent Allison, the TSA sponsor at Vista, “It was a great opportunity to get out students to show off all they know.”TSA ARTICLE

TSA is an organization designed to build upon science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education. Educators, parents, and business leaders, support TSA with the belief that society grows with technological literacy.

For the state competition participants can enter in many categories and create many different kinds of projects. “I built a model ship,” says Bilal Reza (9) who was awarded third in the Project Showcase category, “It was a lot of fun to build.”

“I enjoy TSA because it’s a place where people who think similarly get together and work to create great feats of engineering,” states Anthony Mijalic (11), “It’s also some of the most fun in my week.”

Paa Adu (11), Jeong Min Oh (11), Marie Pisciotta (12), Sumaer Kamboj (11), Nick Pfeufer (11), and Nick Lawrence (11) all qualified to compete at TSA Nationals, which also includes delegates from Germany, Italy, and other countries, on June 23 in Orlando, Florida.