Things to do in Colorado: Week of Sept. 10 – Sept. 18

Looking for things to do this upcoming week? Here are some things to keep your nights busy for the week of Sept. 10 through Sept. 18.

Saturday, Sept. 10-

Dirty Girl Mud Run @ Copper Mountain

Price: $75

Tickets can be purchased here.

The Dirty Girl Mud Run is an obstacle course run for the women of Denver. This course is fit for all, despite their athletic ability. The run will take place Sept. 10 at the Copper Mountain ski resort. This is a girls ONLY event. More information regarding registration and event details can be found here.

Doggie Plunge Presented by Freedom Service Dogs of America @ Pirate’s Cove

Price: $15 per dog

Tickets can be purchased here

Looking for something to do this weekend with your furry companion? Dive into Pirate’s Cove for the Doggie Plunge, presented by the Freedom Service Dogs of America. For a price of 15 dollars per dog, your furry friend can enjoy a day in the pool before it closes for the season. Registration for the event is online only. The only requirements are the 15 dollar fee and that your pooch is up to date on his/her rabies vaccinations. The event runs from 9 A.M. to 2 P.M. More information can be found here.

Sunday, Sept. 11-

Crested Butte Farmers Market Sundays

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

The Crested Butte Farmers Market offers a variety of vendors offering unique products for everyone. The farmers market runs every Sunday through Oct. 2, from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. in Crested Butte. For information concerning address and even a list of vendors, please visit their website here.

Grand Lake Art Fest

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

Enjoy some fresh mountain air this weekend while experiencing art created by fellow Coloradans. Unlike most art shows, there is no entrance fee for this one of a kind festival.  The festival is open from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. on Sunday in Grand Lake. More information can be found here.

Week of Sept. 12th through Sept. 18th

Monday, Sept. 12-

Invertebrate World @ the Butterfly Pavilion

Price: No additional fees, included in museum admission

General admission tickets can be purchased at the door.

At the Butterfly Pavilion, experience the showcase of the everyday life of invertebrates. The exhibit runs daily until Dec. 31.

Tuesday, Sept. 13-

Colorado History Center @ the Colorado History Museum

Price: $6-$10 (Prices vary based on  age)

Tickets can be purchased at the door.

Spend the day learning about the history of the Rocky Mountain state. With state of the art and hands-on exhibits, this experience offers learning in new and exciting ways. The museum is open daily from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. Tickets can be purchased at the door. More information regarding the various exhibits can be found here.

Wednesday, Sept. 14-

Ping-Pong on the Plaza @ Wynkoop Plaza

Price: FREE – $35

Tickets can be purchased here

Be like Forest Gump for an afternoon and partake in the 2016 Annual Outdoor Ping-Pong Tournament sponsored by IMA Financial. Whether you’ve never played ping-pong before or are a ping-pong expert, this is a competitive event for all. Tickets (to play in the competition) start at $35 per person, but if you just want to watch, tickets are free. More information can be found by visiting IMA’s website here.

Thursday, Sept. 15-

Blow Up: Chad Person Solo Exhibition

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

This art exhibition is one of a kind, and features several original characters in unique forms; inflatables. The exhibition is open every Tuesday through Sunday at the RedLine until Oct.2. More information can be found by visiting their website here.

Friday, Sept. 16-

Parker Oktoberfest 2016

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

When September rolls around, this normally means two things: fall and time for Oktoberfests all across Colorado. At Parker Oktoberfest, you can enjoy live German music, dancers, German food, beer, vendors, family fun, bingo and more, including an opening night rock concert starting at 6 P.M. Oktoberfest runs from 6 P.M. to 10:30 P.M. through Sept. 18.

FARMCAD: A Summer Art, Craft, and Food Market @ Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design (RMCAD)

Price: FREE
No tickets required.

Whether you’re interested in the arts or food, RMCAD’s FARMCAD is a vibrant and potent event that is fun for the whole family. “You can’t really call it a farmer’s market,” RMCAD event coordinator Haleigh Shipley told the FARMCAD website. “It’s more of an arts-and-crafts market with a focus on education.” FARMCAD is open from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. and is a free event open to the public. For more information, please visit the FARMCAD website here.

Saturday, Sept. 17-

The Denver Fine Mineral Show – Free Admission Day

Price: FREE (Today only)

No tickets required.

If you are an outdoorsy person who enjoys looking at or collecting rocks then the Denver Fine Mineral Show is the way to spend your Saturday. At this show, you can buy, sell, trade and view rocks of fellow Colorado collectors. The show runs Sept. 17 from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. at the Marriot Denver West Hotel.