Things to do in Colorado

Thursday, Aug. 25

Summer’s Sunset Concert @ Civic Green Park

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

Join the Highlands Ranch Community Association for a fun concert at Civic Green Park to celebrate the conclusion of summer 2016. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. and will run until 8 p.m. No dogs are allowed at Civic Green Park.

Friday, Aug. 26

1964 Tribute Concert @Red Rocks

Price:

Tickets can be purchased here

This concert is perfect for all ages and anyone who was ever a Beatles fan. Enjoy live music by a Beatles cover band that performs every year at Red Rocks, while watching the sunset.

Saturday, Aug. 27

Colorado State Fair (Aug. 27-28)

Price: $25

Tickets can be purchased here

The Colorado State Fair is fun for all ages. Whether you are just looking for something fun to do this weekend, or just an excuse to get out of the house, the state fair is a great choice. As an added bonus, the Mountain Vista Golden Eagle marching band will be playing in the parade this Saturday, Aug. 27. For more information, please visit the Colorado State Fair website.

Denver’s Foam Glow 5K

Price: $20

Tickets can be purchased here

Check-in starts on Aug. 27. at 5 p.m. and the race begins at 8p.m. at Dick’s Sporting Goods Field in Commerce City. Admission fees cover a t-shirt, an after-party pass and a donation to the Denver Children’s Hospital.

Golden’s Farmers Market

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

Enjoy the fresh mountain air and streets of historic Golden while shopping at local vendor booths, and listening to live music. More information can be found here.

Sunday, Aug. 28

Stories in Sculpture at The Denver Botanic Gardens

Price: $12.50

Tickets can be purchased here

Have a knack for looking at artwork, or just simply being outdoors? When visiting the Denver Botanical Gardens, you get to experience both at one time. This weekend, the gardens are showcasing a sculpture collection called Stories in Sculpture. For more information, please visit the Denver Botanic Gardens website.

Highlands Ranch Farmer’s/Street Market

Price: FREE

No tickets required.

Join members of the HRCA for this weekend’s annual farmer’s market in Town Center. The market begins at 10 a.m., and will be over at 2 p.m. Come and walk through Town Center with unique vendors, and enjoy the fresh air at the same time. This event is pet friendly, and all ages are welcome.

Any Day

Go on a Hike in Golden

Price: FREE

No tickets required, but you may have to buy a daily park pass.

Enjoy the cool weather this weekend by planning a hike in Golden, Colorado. There are various trails for people of all different hiking abilities; including that of your dogs. A trail map and trail descriptions for Golden can be found here.