LIVE BLOG: Mountain Vista Men’s Varsity Basketball vs. ThunderRidge

This is a live blog of the Mountain Vista vs. ThunderRidge varsity men’s basketball game. Check back frequently for updates on the score and game pictures.

The rivalry game comes to and and ThunderRidge emerges victorious with a final score of 65-61.

Boeyink pulls up for a last second shot, misses, grabs the rebound and misses another.

Yamane sends ThunderRidge back to the line for two. They make both, putting the score at 65-61 with just over ten seconds to go in the game.

Belknapp is fouled and goes to the line for one and one. He hits both, bringing the score to 63-61, 18 seconds in the game.

Hughes sends ThunderRidge to the line again, allowing them to make one of two shots. The score is 63-59 with 35 seconds to go in the game.

Hughes fouls to send ThunderRidge to the line to shoot two. They make two of two, putting the score at 62-59 with 50 seconds to go in the game.

ThunderRidge calls another timeout with 1:20 to go in the game.

Boeyink spins off a defender to drive in for a layup.

Photo credits: Tyler Merchant

Belknapp backs down a ThunderRidge defender and hits a fadeaway to bring the score to 59-58, Vista leading. ThunderRidge answers with a quick layup, putting them back in the lead at 60-59. 2:30 to go in overtime.

ThunderRidge wins the jump ball to start overtime and scores immediately. Vista brings the ball back down and Freitag goes to the line to shoot two. He makes one of two and puts the score at 58-57, ThunderRidge leads. 3:23 remain in overtime.

Belknapp hits a layup to tie up the game at 56. ThunderRidge allows the time to run out, sending the game into overtime.

Staib turns the ball over to TunderRidge and fouls to put ThunderRidge on the line to shoot two. They make one of two to put the score at 56-54 with 30 seconds to go in the game.

After a timeout from Mountain Vista, they take the ball down a hit a layup, taking the lead back. The score is 55-54 with 45 seconds to go in the game. ThunderRidge then calls a 60 second timeout.

ThunderRidge is fouled after making a basket, but they miss the free throw. Boeyink brings it down for a three but is fouled. ThunderRidge then picks up a technical foul, allowing Boeyink to make four of five free throws and Vista to take the lead. The score is 54-53 with 1:20 to go in the game.

Boeyink shoots two free throws and only makes one. Vista trails by one, 51-50, with 1:45 remaining in the game.

ThunderRidge goes to the line again after Trichler picks up his fifth personal foul and leaves the game. They make the basket, miss the free throw, and then put it back up and take the lead. The score is 51-49 with 2:15 to go in the game.

Vista puts back up a rebound and regains the lead at 49-47. 3:30 remain in the fourth quarter.

ThunderRidge goes to the line after making a layup but misses the free throw, tying the game at 47. Belknapp has picked up his fourth personal foul with 4:10 to go in the game.

Boeyink drives in and hits a layup to bring the score to 47-45. 4:40 remains in the fourth quarter.

ThunderRidge ties it up at 45 with 4:50 in the fourth quarter.

Belknapp goes up and is fouled but makes the basket. He makes the free throw too and puts Vista ahead at 45-43. 5:25 remain in the fourth quarter.

After multiple back and fourth baskets, the score is 43-42, ThunderRidge leads.

ThunderRidge steals the ball and hit a layup right off the bat to start the final quarter. The score is 38-37.

Joey Yamane banks in an extremely deep three to close out the third quarter. This puts the score at 38-35.

Belknapp hits a three, making the score 35-32. ThunderRidge answers with a three of their own and ties it up again. 46 seconds remain in the third quarter.

ThunderRidge ties it up again at 32 after hitting two free throws.

Boeyink pulls up early for another deep three and is fouled. He hits two of three free throws and brings Vista to the lead. The score is 32-30. Just under two minutes to go in the third quarter.

Boeyink pulls up and knocks down a three pointer. That ties the score up at 30 with 2:30 to go in the third quarter.

Freitag grabs a rebound and puts it back up for two. The score is 30-27 with 3:15 in the third quarter.

After another free throw from ThunderRidge and a three pointer from Staib, the score is 28-25. ThunderRidge calls a timeout with four minutes in the third.

After a foul from Staib, ThunderRidge shoots and makes two. The score is now 27-22 with five minutes remaining in the third quarter.

ThunderRidge hits two in a row and takes the lead again. The score is 25-22 with 5:30 to go in the third quarter.

The MV Unit gets rowdy during halftime after “Ellen Degeneres” (Ben Holland) makes an appearance.

Photo Credits: Kelsey Pharis

Miles Hughes goes up for a three pointer.

Photo credits: Katie Pickrell

The MV Unit leads the crowd  in cheers during a timeout.

Photo credits: Katie Pickrell

After a rebound and fast break, Miles Hughes hits a floater and puts Vista in the lead at the end of the first half. The score is 22-21.

Connor Staib hits a three and brings Vista close to ThunderRidge. The score is 21-20 with ten seconds in the second quarter.

ThunderRidge scores two and puts the score at 21-17. 25 to go in the second quarter.

Boeyink hits one free throw and brings the score to 19-17 with thirty second to go in the second quarter.

Belknapp hits one of two free throws, bringing the score to 19-16 with one minute remaining in the second quarter.

Thunder Ridge dunks for two and Vista scores another two on a fast break. 3:18 remain in the second quarter and the score is 19-15.

ThunderRidge hits another basket, and extends their lead to four points. The score is 17-13 with four minutes in the second quarter.
ThunderRidge hits one of two free throws and brings the score to 15-13, 4:45 left in the second quarter.

Bennett Baker hits two free throws, bringing Vista closer to ThunderRidge. The score is 14-13 with five minutes in the second quarter.

ThunderRidge hits back-to-back buckets, putting them in the lead with a score of 14-11. 5:45 remain in the second.

Boeyink hits one and brings the score to 11-9 with 6:30 to go in the second quarter.

At the end of the first quarter, the score remains at 9-5, Vista in the lead.

ThunderRidge hits another bucket, bringing the score to 9-5. Vista remains in the lead with 40 seconds to go in the first quarter.

Boeyink completes the shot and is fouled with 2:30 in the first quarter. He makes the free throw and brings the score to 9-3 with Vista winning.

ThunderRidge rebounds and scores, putting the score at 6-3 with 2:40 in the first quarter.

Trey Boeyink hits a jumpshot and furthers Vista’s lead to five. The score is 6-1 with 3:20 to go in the first quarter.

Trichler scores two, bringing the score to 4-1 with four minutes to go in the first quarter.

Josh Freitag subs in for Belknapp to avoid further fouls.

Belknapp fouls again for his second personal and ThunderRidge shoots two. They made one and the score is brought to 2-1, Vista winning.

Jake Belknapp picks up his first personal foul with 6:20 left in the first quarter.

Jason Trichler scores the first basket both of the game and for Mountain Visa. The score is 2-0 with 6:45 to go in the first quarter.

ThunderRidge wins the jump ball but does not score on their first run.

Photo credits: Kelsey Pharis

Both starting lineups are introduced and the teams prepare for the jump ball.

Warmups finish and the Nation Anthem is sang by Georgia Gallagher.

Vista’s Athletic Director, Patrick McCabe speaks with Georgia  as she prepares to sing the national anthem. Three minutes until the game kicks off.

Photo credits: Katie Pickrell

Six minutes remain until the start of the game and the gym is almost packed to its limits.

Photo credits: Katie Pickrell