Brand New and Modest Mouse Tour

TYLER FELSKE

Indie superstars, Modest Mouse and Brand New, have announced a co-headlining tour for this Summer. They will be playing Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison on June 29. A recent press release stated “no opening acts and both bands performing full headlining sets.” The bands will be alternating closing the show, and for the Red Rocks show, Brand New will be the closing band.

The 24-year-old band Modest Mouse will be touring in support of their most recent album “Strangers to Ourselves”. This is their most recent tour since the release of the album. So we can expect to hear songs off their new album such as “Lampshades On Fire” and “The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box”. The album peaked at number three on the Billboard 200 in the U.S. with generally favourable reviews.

The reclusive Brand New will be touring for the sake of touring. They will be performing new material on the tour as well. On April 8, 2015, the band performed at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver. The show sold out in less than three days. They opened with a new song titled “Mene.” It was released as a single a couple days later. “Mene” was their first new song in six years since the release of their fourth album ‘Daisy’. This will be Brand New’s first time playing Red Rocks.

This is a show that you cannot miss. Tickets will most likely sell out within the first couple weeks of them being on sale. The tickets go on sale Friday, Jan. 29 at noon.

Here is the link for Brand New’s song “Mene.”

Here is the link for Modest Mouse’s song “Lampshades On Fire.”