Turning the Tables

On Sunday, November 29, the Denver Broncos received a warm welcome from freezing fans after defeating the New England Patriots 30-24.

In his second career start, Brock Osweiler lead the team to a victory that, in the past season, eluded the Broncos.

During the first quarter of the game, Tom Brady completed a scoring drive for the Patriots with a 23-yard pass to Rob Gronkowski, leaving the Broncos trailing by seven points. The team held Denver scoreless as the second quarter got underway.

Only 50 seconds into the second quarter, the Patriots doubled their lead with a completed pass to Scott Chandler. However this touchdown did not go unanswered, as the Broncos put in their first seven points using a 19 yard run by Ronnie Hillman.Denver_Colorado_Invesco_Field_at_Mile_High

The teams continued to battle through the third quarter, preventing each other from scoring any points.

As the fourth quarter began, New England increased their lead over the Broncos to 21-17 with a 63-yard pass to Brandon Bolden for a touchdown. Denver then put up 17 points, ending the Patriots lead and bringing the score to 24-21 Broncos.

While the quarter drew to a close, the Denver defense was unable to hold the opposing offense, allowing the Patriots to pull-off a field goal in the last few seconds of the game.

The Bronco’s defense redeemed themselves when they successfully warded off an offensive drive by the Patriots in overtime, allowing Osweiler’s offense another chance at victory.

With a 48-yard run by C.J Anderson, Denver sealed that once-elusive win over New England, bringing the snowy night to a close.

The defeat over the Patriots proved to many Broncos fans that the team, who has recently been struggling to play as well as they used to, is still capable of coming out on top over the opponents that they have yet to play this season.