Preview: Broncos vs. Chiefs

This weekend, the Denver Broncos will be playing the Kansas City Chiefs at Sports Authority field in Denver. This game will be the second time that the Broncos have played the Chiefs this season and there are a couple of important items at stake.

In the history of the rivalry between these two teams, they have met 112 times and both teams have come out on top an equal number of times. The result of this game will break the 56-56 win tie between Denver and Kansas City and will determine who will remain on top coming into the rest of this season and the beginning of next year’s season.

Approaching this game, Peyton Manning has a total of 71,835 passing yards under his belt. This sum is only three yards away from Brett Favre’s career achievement  of 71,838 yards, giving Peyton Manning a chance to set yet another record in his career as an NFL quarterback.

This week, Manning has been nursing a foot injury? from last Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts but is expected to play in the game this Sunday.

A few weeks ago during the Broncos’ game against the Cleveland Browns, first-round draft pick Shane ray injured the MCL (medial collateral ligament) in his knee and has been sitting out until he began to practice again this week. He is expected to play this week as well, replacing the Broncos’ Demarcus Ware, who is suffering from back injury, as a linebacker in this week’s game.

Vernon Davis, who was recently traded to the Broncos from the San Francisco 49ers, is expected to play a larger role as a tight end in the game this sunday against the Chiefs.

Unfortunately, the Broncos’ Wide Receiver Emmanuel Sanders, who is suffering from an ankle injury, sat out of practice on Thursday. His status for the game is questionable.

Kickoff is scheduled for 2:25 p.m on Sunday, with the weather at the field forecasted to be around 60 degrees with only a slight chance of rain. As the game continues, the temperature is expected to drop to around 40 degrees and the low for the night is around 30 degrees.