Link Crew Welcomes the New Freshmen

LEXI WEINGARDT

While Monday was a big day for the freshman entering Mountain Vista, it was also an exciting day for new and returning members of Link Crew.

Link Crew is instrumental in helping incoming freshman make the transition from Mountain Ridge to Mountain Vista.
“The freshmen’s first day was super fun. Link Crew made sure everyone knew what to do and where they were going to keep the day exciting and make it less stressful for the new students,” junior Jack Nelson said.
Each group of Link Crew members was assigned an advisement teacher which is the class they had all day. Each group played games with their class, gave them snacks, and showed them around the school.
“I tried to be friends with all of the freshmen in our group and I also became friends with other Link Crew members,” Nelson said.
The freshman’s first day is one of the only events Link Crew participates in other than Trick or Treat Street and Taste of Vista. However, many would agree that the freshmen’s first day is the biggest and most significant event Link Crew participates in.
“My most memorable experience [from the freshmen’s first day] was teaching the freshmen all the Vista cheers and seeing the incredible school spirit they had already,” Nelson said.