Drive 4 UR School

REGAN LAVALLEE

Who do you drive for? Jim Flanigan, head coach of Mountain Vista Men’s and Women’s tennis, drives for his school. This Saturday, Aug. 15, the Vista Tennis program is hosting their second annual Drive 4 UR School fundraiser sponsored by Ford AutoNation. Participants must be 18 or older to come and test drive different cars around the school parking lot for free. For each test drive, Ford Motor Company donates $20 to the Vista tennis program.

“We need 300 people who live in different addresses to come and drive,” Flanigan said, “If we reach 300, we max out, which is the goal for this year.”

Last year, the Vista tennis program raised $4,800 with 233 test drives.

“People should come to the drive to help raise money for the tennis program at Mountain Vista. With the constant maintenance of the courts, we need to replace the court equipment and fix minor repairs, not only so that our facility looks nice, but to keep the kids safe,” said Flanigan.

While participants are test-driving, the kids in the tennis program will be washing cars, barbecuing, raffling off donated items, and just having a good time.

Tennis players at the drive last year.
Tennis players at the drive last year.

“My favorite part of the drive [last year] was hanging out with the kids,” Flanigan said. “I also got to drive a Shelby Convertible, which was pretty awesome and a lot of fun as well.”

From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Saturday, Aug. 15th, bring your friends and come test drive a car in the front Mountain Vista parking lot for free.

“Tell your parents, tell your neighbors, tell anybody you can to get here and support Mountain Vista Tennis,” Flanigan said. “See you Saturday!”