Denver Nuggets Regular Season Starts Tomorrow

The Denver Nugget’s preseason will come to an end on Oct. 29, when they take on the Detroit Pistons at the Pepsi Center in the first regular season game of the 2014-2015 professional basketball season.

The Nuggets finished the preseason with a losing record of 2-6, whereas the Pistons finished with a record of 5-2.

This season, the Nuggets could go either way, due to the fact that players who were injured last year will be playing this year, and it is unclear how they will work together in games.

One of these players is Danilo Gallinari, who was injured for all of last season, is going to return to action this year. Last season, Gallinari suffered a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and was out for the entire season. He went into surgery in January, and is still not back to full-time play.

While most teams in the National Basketball Association (NBA) have one or two “stars,” the Nuggets do not have one great offensive player who carries them. Instead, they have a deeper team that consists of borderline “stars.”

Kenneth Faried is the only Denver Nugget to be placed on Team USA. This summer, Faried competed in the Fédération Internationale de Basketball (FIBA) World Cup and performed better than expected, which earned him a contract extension with the Nuggets.

Faried is expected to be one of the strongest players on the Nuggets this season, and will hopefully help the Nuggets to a better record than theirs of 36-46 from last season.