Arapahoe Basin Open for Business

photo-2Arapahoe Basin Ski & Snowboard opened Sunday, Oct. 13 as the first place to ski and snowboard in Colorado this season.  Arapahoe Basin has a reputation for having the longest seasons and also being the first open.

With the season coming forth, Arapahoe Basin only had one run open for the first four days but now has opened runs High Noon and Ramrod, and also High Divide terrain park.  The majority of the snow was produced man-made, but the area has received a few flurries making the snow a little bit deeper and less icy.

But the conditions are definitely not perfect or even close to it.  Time spent on the lift to time on the slopes ratio is still having people find themselves sitting more than skiing, but if you are itching to get out and hit the snow then it is definitely worth the trip.  “I went on Wednesday over fall break, the snow was great and there was a little bit of fresh snow too,” said Chandler Brown, 12.

Last year’s conditions were fairly poor, having warm weather and light snow.  This season the Farmers’ Almanac Calender predicts pretty cold temperatures and an average amount of snowfall.  This means a great season for skiers and snowboarders alike.  We can expect more and more runs to open up sooner and provide awesome conditions.

Keystone Resort will open Nov. 1 and will also only have a few runs open at the start. Breckenridge will open Nov. 8 and Vail Resort on Nov. 22