Freshmen and New Student Day 2018

Today, freshmen and new students had the opportunity to come into Mountain Vista to check out and become familiar with their new school. Freshmen entered the school at 7:25 a.m. where they were welcomed by members of the 2018-19 Link Crew. “They [were] all really excited and it’s nice to know we [were] part of that excitement,” junior and Link Crew member Harper Boggs said.

Vista’s Link Crew toured students around the school and entertained them to games and food. “[Link Crew was] really awesome,” freshman Zane Zakroff said. “They gave such a warm welcome and it [was] such a fun time.”

After Link Crew entertained the new students, freshmen were given the opportunity to go through a practice run of their seven period schedule in preparation for tomorrow’s official first day of school. Each period lasted four minutes so teachers could meet their new students and so students could locate their classrooms.

“I think [the freshmen] are adjusting really well,” junior and Link Crew member Alana Hicks said. “The people we had in our advisement class all kind of knew each other to start with so they got along and the games that we played helped them get along even more.”

“It was a good way to get hyped up and ready for the school year.” freshman Joshua Manwaring said. “I just want to make new friends and have new experiences.”

Photos by Carly Ems, Greyson Koinzan, and Michael Place