Vista Idol

Vista+Idol

LEXI WEINGARDT Every year during Wish Week for the past four years, Mountain Vista has held Vista Idol, a competition between around 10 different acts. These students or groups of students do everything from sing to play the piano and they are all incredibly talented.

Students must go audition about a week before they perform and hope they are chosen to participate.

“Auditions were held in the choir room and you would go in by yourself and perform your song in front of some of student leadership,” senior Maeve McCloskey said. “I was pretty nervous for auditions, since it was my first time singing in front of any of my peers, but once I started playing I got a little more relaxed.”

On the night of Vista Idol, Student Leadership packed the auditorium full of parents and students who came to see performances by some of the most gifted students at Mountain Vista.

“When I walked on stage, I was extremely nervous. I had never done anything like that before. I just tried to look at the spotlight so I wouldn’t focus on everyone there,” McCloskey said.

The panel of judges consisted of Randy Jackson (Mr. Wood), Paula Abdul (Ms. Caschetta), and Simon Cowell (Mr. Flanigan).

“My favorite part was right after I performed when the judges spoke. They all had such nice things to say and it made me feel really good about my performance,” McCloskey said. “Mr. Wood just about made me tear up.”

Overall, Vista Idol was an incredibly fun night and a cool way to experience some of the talented musicians Vista has to offer.