World Series Drought

What was the last thing before sliced bread? A Chicago Cubs world series title.

The anticipation in Chicago is bursting through the seems of time. The Chicago Cubs have not played in the World series since 1945, and they didn’t win. The last time the Cubs won the world series was 1908. Tonight the Cubs take on the Cleveland Indians in Game 1 of the World Series.

Color television, microwaves, Alaska and Hawaii (were not us states yet), diet soda, international air travel, velcro and pacemakers have all been created in the time the Cubs last won the World series  (108 years).

In the past Century, America has evolved, changed and improved, except the Chicago Cubs. The one constant in the ever changing world is the Cub’s losing habits. Some blame the goat, some blame the black cat, and some blame Steve Bartman. Bartman interfered with a foul ball that would have domino effect and cost the Cubs the game and National League Championship Series in 2003.

The Cubs aren’t the only team who has gone into an World Series drought, they are playing the Cleveland Indians who haven’t won the title in 68 years.

The Chicago faithful are filling up the streets in anticipation for tonight’s game.They expect every bar restaurant and pub to be completely packed in Chicago. Although the team is on the road, they will have their fans support from back home in full capacity.

176 combined years of World Series drought between the two teams comes to an end this week. You can catch Game 1 of the series tonight at 6:08 p.m. on Fox.