Taylor Swift’s “1989” Review

Taylor Swift’s new album “1989” came out Oct. 27. Swift really wanted to surprise people with her new album. Swift has gone from all country to completely pop. She wanted this album to be about the way she has changed and how we all change every day of our lives.

The album includes her hit single “Shake It Off” as well as other spirited songs that make you want to get up and dance. This album comprises Swift singing mostly to tracks instead of along with a band or just a piano and guitar. Also, as compared to her other albums, she sounds much more mature in “1989”, she has really grown into her voice.

By far the biggest difference between her other albums and “1989”, however, was the positive vibe that the songs give off. The majority of the songs lift your spirits and make you feel like maybe everything will be alright after all. In Swift’s old albums one could sense a lot of anger and sadness. In “1989” the overall feeling is freedom, learning to love your life and yourself just the way you are.

“I’ve told my stories for years now. Some have been about coming of age. Some have been about coming undone,” Swift said. “This is a story about coming into your own, and as a result… Coming alive.”

This quote does a great job of summing up “1989” because it is all about being young and finding what your purpose is in the world. I would give this album a 5 out of 5 stars.