NOAH CYRUS CONCERT REVIEW

Eighteen-year-old Noah Cyrus gave Denver a Good Cry last Saturday Oct. 13th. The youngest Cyrus sister, Noah Cyrus launched her music career in 2016. She is now starting to emerge from her older sister Miley Cyrus’ shadow. “The Good Cry Tour” is Cyrus’ first official headlining tour with 19 shows, starting Sept. 22nd and continuing through Oct. 24th. Noah Cyrus took on Colorado performing at The Summit Music Hall in Downtown Denver. Her high energy performance and crazy dance moves had the crowd enjoying their night.

The Summit Hall in Denver is a venue that is large enough to accomodate nationally-touring artists, although the location often supports local punk rock bands. At the Noah Cyrus concert, about half of the 1,100 person capacity was met at this show. The Summit Hall is very well-kept venue with updated remedies and modern decor.

Maty Noyes was the opening act at the concert. Noyes was very young when  she started her music career. Growing up in a small town while living a hard life she used music to help her escape. Maty Noyes is one of Noah Cyrus’ best friends, and they are ecstatic about touring together.

Before “The Good Cry” tour Noah joined alongside of Katy Perry for her world tour “Witness.” Launching her career, she began featuring more popular artists, like XXXTentacion and Marshmello, in her music.

After Noah Cyrus’ concert at Summit Hall kicked off with Maty Noyes, she began her setlist in order. She also incorporated a lot of covers of other artists’ songs in her performance. She sang “Take Me to Church” by Hozier, “Somebody Else” by the 1975, and she paid tribute to the late XXXTentacion by covering “SAD!”. Noah Cyrus’ personal relationship and mentions of XXXTentacian made the concert an extremely personal experience for the overlapping fanbases.

Noah Cyrus insisted that the fans make “x’s” with their arms while she played her song “Again (featuring XXXTentacion).”

By the end of the concert, people had been dancing for hours in the Summit Hall. She didn’t make the crowd wait any more than five minutes for her two-song encore. She finished the night off with her hit songs “I’m Stuck” and “Make Me Cry.” She thanked Denver for the amazing night and after putting on a one-hour and fifteen-minute show.