2018 Student Body President, Who Will It Be?

With the year coming to an end, it’s time to re-elect a new Student Body President (SBP). An assembly will be held this Thurs. April, 27 during advisement where students will get the chance to vote for their new SBP.

Meet the candidates:

Regan Lavallee:

What do you think makes you qualified for SBP?

• I’m qualified to be SBP because of experiences I’ve gained since my time at MVHS. This will be my fourth year in Student Leadership and from each year I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to leading others. I’ve also participated in many clubs and activities around the school which has presented me with different challenges I’ve worked through. From all of these experiences, I plan to incorporate bits and pieces to guide leadership in new approach to representing the MVHS student body.

What do you plan on changing for next year?

• MVHS is a great place to be. We gave so many activities, clubs, and sports that do great things. The change that I see fit is how we recognize these accomplishments whether it is one individual or a group of people. The more we recognize what other people are doing in the school, the more involved we are as a community. It is this inclusion and constant participation that makes up the Vista community. I plan to initiate more recognition by giving more shouts to activities, clubs, and sports. Everyone deserves to be recognized regardless of the size of their presence or how loud they are.

What are you most excited for?

• My motto is to lead by example. What I am most excited about next year is getting to communicate with different people in this school. There is always something refreshing about the start of the new year and I can’t wait to meet more of the people in the student body that makes Vista the place it is.

Gino Fornaro:

• I’m very involved at school and I hope to make a big impact on kids lives everyday. I try to be kind to all and try to bring a smile to everyone’s face all of the time.

• I don’t plan to change much. Our school is very amazing how it is. I love our school and think me being a leader would continually make our school great.

What are you most excited for?

• I’m most excited to give my speech and lead the student leadership group as well. If I win, to be able to talk to the student body at assembly’s.

Cray Cordero:

• I believe that I am qualified to be SBP because of my work ethic in and out of school. I take my school work very seriously work hard to excel in every class I take. In addition to that, out of school I am a team leader for my soccer team and love to help others out. I am always happy to talk to anybody if they have problems or difficulties and I just want what’s best for our school at times. I am very mature and believe that I have the right amount of responsibility and maturity to lead our school.

• For next year, I plan on getting our spirit days back to what they used to be. With me being friends with a lot of different groups I believe I can lead the senior class to dressing up for all of our games. This will directly impact the rest of the school and help everybody else dress up. Besides that, for next year I plan on having an even better Wish Week. I am going to personally try my hardest to get all of the feeder schools involved and make our community raise money for a good cause.

What are you most excited for?

• What I am most excited for is being the face of the school. I’m excited to help represent our school to the rest of the community as one of the best in the state of Colorado. Other than that, I am excited to have the opportunity to speak in front of the school and be in the running for student body president. Next year will be a blast!

Kendall Crepeau:

• I think that I am qualified to be president because I’m really involved in the school so I feel that I know the opinions of multiple different groups. I think being involved in leadership the past three years has really helped me step up as a leader in the school.

• I think the most important thing for next year for me is to try to make Vista more unified. We started class games and points this year during some of our big spirit weeks and I think everyone had a lot of fun with that and it would be a good addition to Vista next year.

What are you most excited for?

• I’m excited for everything next year, the entire student leadership class has a lot of new and exciting things planned so I think everyone should be really excited for next year.